header

header

Sunday, February 3, 2013

My great grandma makes my day!

Every couple weeks I HAVE to get away from college and come home.  My family is the best!  My mom decided since we didn't have anything to do we'd go visit my great grandma and I'm so glad we did.  It was soooo nice to see her.  She is the cutest little, old lady ever!  When I say little, I mean it.  She's four foot two.  She barely went to Tyson armpit (he's six foot) so watching them hug was a funny sight.  The whole night was hilarious.  Some funny conversations from the night:

Me: "Grandma I got my mission call to Peru!"
Grandma: "Oh..."
A few minutes later...
Grandma: "Where's Peru?  In Mexico?"
Me: "Peru's in South America..."

Grandma: "So Tyson what have you been doing?"
Tyson: "Just been playin basketball and getting ready for baseball."
Grandma: "Well you better enjoy it since this is your last year!"
Tyson: "I'm a sophomore so I still have two more years..."
Aca-awkward! Haha

Me: "Time goes by so fast!"
Grandma: "Not fast enough for me..."
Me: "..."
What in the heck was I supposed to say back to her?! I just awkwardly laughed... Good one Whitney, good one.

The best part of the night had to be when she was trying to describe what an iPad was. "Oh you know... That thing the kids doodle-daddle on nowadays." Umm.. Sure?? Lol so freakin cute!

She was the highlight of my week.  I love listening to her stories.  Her favorite topic is bowling.  She is a straight up champ at bowling!  She let us know last night she's one of the two ladies with a 702 score in a series of three games.  The crazy thing is, is that she just barely gave up bowling this past year.  How amazing is that?!  Unfortunately her bowling skills haven't been passed on to me... I'm terrible.  I hope I can be half of the lady she is!  I'm so glad I came home this weekend and got to spend time with her.  I look up to her so much.  I love my great granny! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment