header

header

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

One big, fat, gushy, in love blog post. Yeppp. Enjoy.

I'm the type of girl who HATES gushy, love posts, but ya know what? Today, I'm making an exception.  My missionary rocks my socks, and I just can't help but brag on him.  Yesterday, obviously, was Christmas.  Best. Christmas. EVER. I'm really close with Elder Huntington's family, so they invited me over for the Christmas call.  Chance actually got to Skype, though! I can't even express how happy I was to see him.  The guy I've been writing, and that has only existed in emails and letters, is REAL! I mean, that probably sounds silly, but that's how it was.  It's been six months since I've seen him, so I start to forget things about him.  It was SO good to hear his voice and that laugh of his.  He's still the same ole Chance, and I'm so happy.  I didn't know how it was going to go; I was quite nervous.  What if we were both so different that it was awkward? Or what if he had changed his mind about me? Or what if I wasn't good enough for him? These types of questions kept me awake all Monday night.  Right when his face appeared on the screen though, all the doubts were gone.  It was like we had never been apart.  Nerves were gone, and I just wanted to talk to him for forever.  The grin on his face was priceless when he saw I was there.  That alone will keep me waiting the rest of the two years.  He was so happy, and just glowed the entire time! He was still the same sarcastic, handsome, sweet guy I fell in love with almost five years ago. :) So throughout the whole conversation I couldn't stop staring at him.  That was enough.  I just loved seeing his face.  I held in the tears until the end.  Right before he got off his dad had him bare his testimony.  Have I mentioned I love him?  Or that I'm the luckiest girl EVER?  His testimony was SO strong.  He has so much confidence in this gospel.  "He lets us experience misery, so that we can experience joy... Because he loves us, and I know that to be true.  I know this gospel is true with my whole heart." It doesn't get much better than that.  Told you he rocks.  He's mine, though, sorry. :) 

I love my Elder Huntington! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment